This place is the hottest place on earth average temperature of 30 – 50 degree Celsius it is 120 meter below sea level this makes Afar (dalol) the lowest land depression on earth after the dead sea, Afar is also a place where the early mankind is been live the 3.18 million years Lucy (Denkenesh) fossil founded in the area called Hadar also the 4.5 million years Ardi fossil founded in this area.
When you watch this desert you feel like you are out of earth due to the unique things you are going to see such as :-
- The DALOL land escapes, this place is very spectrum land escape multi colored hot springs and bizarre formations the colors change time to time;
- The ERTA- ALE volcano it is one of the most active volcano on this planet ,you can look down in the 20 meters deep boiling pond bubbling and spitting the lava it is more attractive when you watch at night;
- Lake ASAL is one of the unique salt lake it’s surrounding is vast number of salt plains which look like real rock this lake is 900km2 which is found on Ethiopia and Djibouti border ;
- The last but not least is watching an endless Caravans who loaded the salt stone from nearby Afdera salt lake this lake is covered by brick salt people of Afar and Tigry cut out from the lake and load to their camels.
Tour Code: AET-14
Duration: 6 days & 5 nights
Type of tour:- Adventure in the Desert
Mode of transport:- both Domestic flight and 4WD car
1.Addis Ababa then flight to Mekele
Mini City tour in Addis Ababa then domestic flight to Mekele after arrival you will visit the palace of Emperor yohannes which is now being a museum, O/N in Axum Hotel
2. Mekele- Ahamedela
The adventure tour starts by driving to Ahamadella, on our way we have lunch and stop at some places where you can enjoy a very impressive view, after a walk through the Afar village you eat dinner prepared by our professional chief, overnight camping
3. Ahamedela – Dalol
After breakfast we start our journey to the Dallol Depression, you will visit different places like the colorful salt lakes and thermo active springs of Dallol also the different spectrum landscapes, after lunch travel to Abala, overnight camping
4. Drive to Ert Ale
We drive 260km to reach to the bottom of the volcano then in the evening we start 3 up to 4hours trekking to the top of the volcano with joining different partners, then you will visit the stunning active volcano lake, overnight camping
5. Ert-Ale back to Mekele
After having breakfast drive to Lake Afdera, you will swim in Lake Afrera & take bath in a natural hot springs, after lunch we proceed driving to Mekele, O/N in Axum Hotel
6. Flight from Mekele- Addis Ababa
Watching the rest of Addis then at the night time you will attend our farewell dinner at cultural restaurant then departure.
N.B. depending up on your request this Itinerary can be modify.